Regulations on the organization and conduct of practice
METHODICAL MANUAL (Organization of job-training (pedagogical) students’ practice)
METHODICAL MANUAL (Organization of educational translation practice)
Specialty 035 “Philology”
035.055 Romance Languages and Literatures (Translation studies included), first – French, Educational background: Bachelor
Educational practice – linguistic / translation studies
Educational linguistic / translation practice during the 3rd year is aimed at ensuring the integrated development of skills and abilities necessary for the implementation of various types of interpretation and translation. The purpose of translation practice is:
- practical application of knowledge of the theory and practice of translation, awareness of the professional significance of this knowledge, cultivation of the need for continuous improvement of professional knowledge, skills and abilities of the mastery of translation;
- mastering modern forms, means, technologies of translation activity in different types of organizations; development of creative initiative, realization of personal creative potential.
The tasks of translation practice are determined by the peculiarities of professional training of future translators and include:
- cultivation of love for the profession of translator, the desire for continuous professional development;
- providing conditions for professional adaptation, involvement in active work in professional teams;
- consolidation and deepening of knowledge in professional disciplines of theory and practice of translation;
- formation of the ability to perform various types of translation activities using modern technical means;
- formation of a creative research approach to the organization of translation activities, the ability to exercise self-control, self-analysis and objective self-assessment of their own translation activities, as well as the activities of professional translators and fellow trainees.
Educational linguistic / translation practice during the 3rd year takes place without separation from the educational process (remotely) on the bases of practice, which can be enterprises and organizations of Ivano-Frankivsk and Ivano-Frankivsk region. Subdivisions of V. Stefanyk PNU can also be the basis of practice. The duration of practice is 3 weeks (180 hours, 1 week in the 5th semester, and 2 weeks in the 6th semester). The content of the practice includes:
- performing written translation in the amounts necessary to ensure the proper functioning of the institution (but not less than 20,000 characters);
- consecutive interpretation in cases where the need arises;
- conducting telephone conversations, seminars, accompaniment, excursion activities, etc. in cases when the need arises;
- study of professional terminology related to the peculiarities of the institution, compiling a dictionary-glossary (French-Ukrainian and Ukrainian-French).
During the practice, a student is recommended to collect practical material needed to write a term paper or bachelor’s thesis. During the practice, students must attend the consultations of the supervisor in accordance with the established schedule. Upon completion of the practice, students are required to submit, within a specified period of time, their reports on the practice and completed individual tasks provided by their practice supervisors.
The content of the practice program corresponds to the regulations on practice for students of higher educational institutions of Ukraine, approved by the order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, as well as other regulations on practical training of students, curriculum and educational characteristics of specialists.
The results of the student’s practice are summed up in the form of a final meeting. The grades from the practice are recorded in the record sheet and displayed in the record book.
Job-training (pedagogical) practice
Practical training of students is job-training (pedagogical) practice, which is carried out in order to consolidate and develop professional and pedagogical knowledge and skills acquired during training, as well as preparing graduates of higher education for future work as teachers of French.
There is developed practice program, discussed and approved at the meeting of the department, agreed with the Methodical Commission and approved at the meeting of the Academic Council of the Faculty of Foreign Languages.
The practice is supervised by the head of the department, who:
– selects group supervisors and practice bases, distributes them;
– holds an introductory and final conference on practice;
– monitors the implementation of students’ practice programs, takes measures to eliminate the identified shortcomings;
– prepares a general report on the practice, summarizes the experience of the practice and makes suggestions for its improvement.
The primary purpose of job-training (pedagogical) practice for EB – “Bachelor”, is to prepare for teaching in secondary schools, for EB – “Master” – in higher education institutions.
The practice of graduate students is the final stage of students’ professional training in higher education institution and is characterized by a high degree of self-awareness and responsibility of students, expanding the scope and complexity of the content of work. During this practice students master the system of educational activities of teachers and class teachers. The practice is designed to prepare future professionals for real practical work, to ensure the appropriate level of their training.
Secondary schools of Ivano-Frankivsk and the Faculty of Foreign Languages are practice bases.
During the practice a student is obliged to:
– acquire appropriate job-training (pedagogical) skills in the future specialty;
– timely follow all administrative and methodological instructions of the practice supervisor, school directorates;
– organize the educational process taking into account the planning system of educational institutions, the traditions of pedagogical and student groups;
– follow the rules of internal regulations of educational institutions;
– honestly perform all types of work defined by the practice program;
– systematically keep a practice diary;
– perform scientific tasks of the department;
– timely prepare a report and documentation on the practice.
The content of the practice program corresponds to the Regulations on practice for students of higher educational institutions of Ukraine, approved by the order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, as well as other regulations on practical training of students, curriculum and educational characteristics of specialists.
The results of the practice by students are summed up in the form of a final meeting. The grade from practice is recorded in the record sheet and displayed in the credit book.